2-axis CNC Lathe
Baca: Important Components in a CNC Lathe
2 axis CNC lathe is a lathe which is a basic cnc lathe. The machine has X and Z axis as well as Axis Rotation to work on the item. The workmanship of this 2-axis CNC lathe is quite simple and easy and includes Roughing, Cutting / Finishing, Grooving, Threading, Chamfering / Tapering like a manual lathe.
The working drawing of this 2 axis CNC lathe is also relatively simple as shown in the example below:
3-axis CNC Lathe
3 axis CNC lathe is a more complex CNC lathe because it adds Drilling / Tapping and Milling Operation features to the machine.
This 3 axis Lathe CNC machine can form more complex workpieces and does not always have to be based on round shapes. The vise head of a 3 axis CNC lathe is an index head that can read how many degrees the object has rotated which allows the work of the installed milling tool.
CNC Lathe Machine is a lathe that is controlled / integrated with a Computer Numerical Control system. CNC lathes have the same mechanism and principles as manual lathes / conventional lathes. It's just that the CNC lathe has been perfected which makes this machine have a precision and speed that far exceeds the manual. The CNC lathe can hold multiple holders and insert blades which facilitates production automation and reduces production time. The CNC lathe is a large quantity production machine.
READ: Definition of Lathe Machine
The basic components that have been discussed in previous blogs are:
1. Lathe Head
2. Tail Lathe
4. Lathe Table
It should not be forgotten and the size of this component is also a vital aspect so that the lathe can cut thick materials more rigidly and easily.
The advantages of CNC Lathes compared to Conventional Lathes are:
1. No need to spend time grinding or sharpening the lathe. CNC Lathes already have to use tool holders and CNC inserts to be efficient. After the Insert is finished, just exchange it with a new Insert / Use the other side of the insert.
2. After the Insert is Reinstalled, there is no need to reset the Zero point of the Tool Holder and can immediately return to production.
3. Machine programs can be saved and recalled at any time, and can also be resized easily. If there is a lack of workmanship in terms of size, then the tool can be offset according to the size that is lacking in order to produce precise finished goods.
4. The high spindle speed and constant cutting process that can be produced by the CNC Lathe machine produce shiny and good results without the need for another grinding process.
5. Size and Contour of 1000 items produced will produce the same results. Precision so as to minimize human error / human measurement error.
Henry Gunawan H